This eService allows Rwandans to register the information of their newborn babies after birth. Upon successful registration through Irembo, the information of newborn baby is registered with National Identification Agency (NIDA) and the child will be issued with an Application number.
Note:If the child is not registered within the 30 days stipulated by the law, the child will only be registered in the National population registry at NIDA but will NOT be registered in the birth registry book. Parents will be required to provide an affidavit containing the reason why they did not register with in the 30 days, so that the child is registered in the birth registry. This affidavit is issued by the Civil registrar.
Who can apply?
Legally married Father or Mother and or legal guardian of the child
Note:Parents that are not legally married are required to physically go to the sector in order to register their child
✔ ID of your spouse or the child’s father and mother
✔ IDs of your two witnesses, who are 21 years and above, they can be Rwandans or one of them can be a foreigner with a passport to identify them
✔ Marriage certificate indicating both parents’ names
1. Apply via Irembo platform.
2. Fill in your details and spouse details.
3. Fill in child details.
4. Fill in the details of BOTH your witnesses.
5. Submit your application and you will receive SMS and/or email notifications of successful submission.
6. Your Application will be submitted to NIDA for per-approval, after pre-approval NIDA forwards your application to the sector you choose.
7. Once the Civil Registration Officer receives your application, he/she will schedule an appointment for you to come to the sector for approval.
Note: If you do not receive the notification for the appointment within 2 working days, visit the CRO at the sector for assistance.
8. On the day of your appointment date carry:
a. Your National ID, spouse ID,
b. Birth notification letter or immunization card from the hospital.
c. Bring the two witnesses whose IDs you used while applying to the sector for physical verification by the civil registration officer.
9. After verification and approval by the CRO, your child will be registered in the population registry and the child will be issued an application number which he/she will use to apply for a national ID at the age of 16.