This eService allows Rwandans to apply for a Marriage Certificate (“Attestation de Marriage”). The certificate is the official document that identifies that a couple is legally married. The application will be submitted to local government authorities for processing. The certificate can be used as one of the supporting document to apply for services like Visa, Land-related services, Passport, among others. This document has 3 months validity.
Who can apply?
Citizens of Rwanda
Foreigner married to a Rwandan citizen
If the marriage was registered at the sector office where applicant wishes to collect the marriage certificate, the documents below are optional; if the marriage isn’t registered at that sector office, one of the following is required:
1. Wedding booklet (Livret de Marriage)
2. Copy of court judgement (Judgement Suppletif) if marriage has not been registered
Step 1: Apply
i. Online: If you are not registered with Irembo, click the "Sign Up" button above and register using your National ID and the Phone number registered to your ID, OR
ii. Agents: You may also approach an Irembo agent at these locations
Follow steps 2 - 5
2. Payment: Once you complete application, you can directly pay online using a VISA or MasterCard card, OR select another option (Mobile Money on MTN (*182#), Airtel (*182#) or Tigo (*310#) or visit a BK branch or agent close to you).
3. You will receive an SMS and/or email to confirm the application, followed by a payment confirmation
4. When should you go to pick the certificate: Once the Civil Registration Officer receives your application, he/she will review and approve your application and you will receive an SMS notifying you that your application has been approved and is ready for pick up. If you don’t receive an SMS within three working days after submission, please contact or visit the sector office.
5. Picking the Certificate: Appear before the Civil Registration Officer at the Sector office selected, with proof of payment details ready (SMS notification from Irembo or Bank Slip) and supporting documents required for this service (where applicable)