Accreditation for Foreign Media
This e-service allows foreign media covering events in the Republic of Rwanda to apply and pay for accreditation in order to exercise their profession of journalism in Rwanda.
Who can apply?
Rwandan journalists, correspondents of foreign media
Support documents required
Two (2) colored passport size photographs
A copy of the passport
A copy of a visa except journalists from countries that benefit from the visa waiver e.g. journalists from the East African Community Member States, United States of America, COMESA Member states, etc.
A copy of a press card of the country of origin
Official letter requesting for accreditation with official letterhead of media organization, signed by authorized personnel with their contact information
List of equipment to be used while covering and or gathering news from Rwanda. These may include, but not limited to, digital cameras, broadcasting equipment, microphones, tripod stand
Applicant’s journey on Irembo
1. Applicant accesses Irembo
2. Select the service as accreditation for foreign media
3. Applicant in puts personal details
4. Attach necessary documents
5. Proceed to make payment by selecting the mode of payment
6. Make payment using online payments i.e VISA card or Master card and for offline payment once you submit your application, you will receive an SMS confirming your application and directing you to pay. Pay using Mobile Money on MTN (*182#), Airtel (*182#) or Tigo (*310#) or visit a BK branch or an agent close to you. Upon payment you will receive a payment confirmation via SMS and/or email
7. After successful payment your application will be submitted to Media High Council (MHC)) for processing.