Community Based Insurance
This eService allows Rwandans to pay for Community Based Health Insurance (Mutuelle). The application will be submitted to Rwanda Social Security Board to reconcile the payment. The Community Based Health Insurance (Mutuelle) is issued to all Rwandan families to avail the benefits of health insurance. Applicants can pay for whole household premium amount at once or in installements but you can only receive medical services after full payement of the premium amount. As well applicants can either pay for the current fiscal year or the coming fiscal year.
Who can apply?
Citizens of Rwanda - Head of the family
Applicant’s journey on Irembo
1. Head of the household accesses Irembo;
2. Select service as Community Based Health Insurance (Mutuelle)
3. Type in the number of the ID for the household head and the details will be retrieved from RSSB; Details will include the dependents details and the premium to be paid by the whole household
4. Household selects the fiscal year they are paying for. i.e They can even select to pay for a year ahead
5. Household head inputs the amount he wishes to pay of the total amount. You can choose to pay the full amount at once or pay in installments
6. Proceed to select mode of payment;
7. Make payment using online payments i.e VISA card or Master card and for offline payment once you submit your application, you will receive an SMS confirming your application and directing you to pay. Pay using Mobile Money on MTN (*182#), Airtel (*182#), Tigo (*310#) or Mobicash OR visit a BK branch or agent close to you. Upon payment you will receive a payment confirmation via SMS and/or email;
8. After successful payment your application will be submitted to Rwanda Social Security Board.