Registration of Citizens above 16 years
This eservice enables Rwandan citizens living in Rwanda or abroad to register their details in the National Population Registry in NIDA which were not registered after their birth.
A citizen applying for this service should have supporting documents that prove that he/she is a Rwandan citizen.
After NIDA approves the Application, a citizen will be issued with an Application number that they will use to apply for the National ID.
Who can apply?
Citizens living in Rwanda or in Diaspora
1) Scanned Letter from the sector where you reside is mandatory
a. A Scanned Previous ID.
b. Mutuelle de Sante.
c. School ID.
d. Prison clearance certificate.
3) Scanned Parent ID (One of the parent’s ID is mandatory)
For citizens in Diaspora:
Scanned Rwandan Passport or Rwandan
Laissez passer Or Scanned UNHCR travel document is mandatory
1. Applicant fills the form on Irembo platform.
2. For a citizen living in Rwanda will upload scanned Letter from the sector, Scanned Previous ID or Mutuelle de Sante or School ID or Prison clearance certificate and a Scanned Parent’s ID (mother’s ID or father’s ID).
3. For Rwandans living abroad (Diaspora) will upload scanned Rwandan Passport or Rwandan Laissez passer or scanned UNHCR travel document.
4. The application is submitted to NIDA for pre-approval.
5. After NIDA pre-approves the Application will be forwarded to the CRO of the selected sector.
6. Once the Civil Registration Officer receives your application, he/she will schedule an appointment for you to come to the sector for approval. If you do not receive the notification for the appointment within 2 working days, visit the CRO at the sector.
7. On the appointment date carry the documents you uploaded while applying for the service.
8. After approval by the CRO, you will be registered in the population registry at NIDA and you will be issued with an Application number.