Death Certificate Extract
This eService allows Rwandans to apply for a death record certificate. A death record certificate is the official document that declares a person is dead. The application will be submitted to local government authorities for processing. This document has lifetime validity. The families of the deceased need death certificates to obtain burial permits, make life insurance claims, settle estates, and obtain death benefits.
Who can apply?
Citizens of Rwanda
Foreigners living in Rwanda
Representatives of Applicant must be at least 21 years of age
Documents to Upload
1) Hospital Death Record Certificate (If death occurred at the hospital)
2) Cell death notification (If death occurred at home}
3) Court Judgment (If death was not registered within 15 days after death occurred)
Steps Apply for Death record certificate:
1. In case death occurred at the hospital:
1. Verify that you have hospital Death Certificate
2. Death has been registered at the sector office within 15 days after the death occurred; If death has NOT been registered present a court judgment (Jugement Suppletif);
3. Passport copy if deceased is a foreigner;
2. Apply on Irembo and pay using available channels. Payment of the Frw 2400 fee
1. You will receive SMS and/or email notifications of successful payment and submission
2. Once the Civil Registration Officer receives your application, he/she will review and approve your application. If you don’t receive an SMS within one working day after submission, please contact or visit the Sector office.
3. You will receive an SMS notifying you that your application has been approved and is ready for pick up.
4. Appear before the Civil Registration Officer with proof of payment details ready (SMS notification from Irembo or Bank Slip) and supporting documents required for this service
5. Collect certificate