BillBoard, Banner & SignPost
This e-service allows individuals or businesses to apply for permits to operate billboards, banners or signposts. The application is submitted to the district office in which the installation is to be made. The permit allows a person or business to install, alter or repair any sign.
Who can apply?
Rwandan Citizens or Businesses
1. Design (professional drawing of sign) (applies for billboards only)
2. Sample picture of sign to be posted
3. Sketch map of where sign will be posted (optional)
Step 1: Apply
i. Online: If you are not registered with Irembo, click the "Sign Up" button above and register using your National ID and the Phone number registered to your ID, OR
ii. Apply via USSD: Dial *909# and follow instructions, OR
iii. Agents: You may also approach an Irembo agent at these locations. OR
Follow steps 2 - 5
2. Payment: Once you complete application, you can directly pay online using a VISA or MasterCard card, OR select another option (Mobile Money on MTN (*182#), Airtel (*182#) or Tigo (*310#) or visit a BK branch or agent close to you).
3. You will receive an SMS and/or email to confirm the application, followed by a payment confirmation
4. When should you go to pick the certificate: Once the ubran planner receives your application, he/she will review and approve your application and you will receive an SMS notifying you that your application has been approved and is ready for pick up. If you don’t receive an SMS within fifteen working days after submission, please contact or visit the District One Stop center.
5. Picking the Certificate: Appear before the Urban planner at the District One Stop Center selected, with proof of payment details ready (SMS notification from Irembo or Bank Slip) and supporting documents required for this service (where applicable)