Rwandans Living Abroad
Rwandans living abroad can access online services after registering on Irembo platform using their Rwandan IDs or Rwandan Passport or any other passport they possess in order to get an account. The account will be used to apply for services online through this platform just like other Rwandans in the country. When you register on Irembo your details will be routed to your residence embassy for approval and creation of the account. When the Embassy officer approves the application, you will be issued with a username and a password through an email notification.
By 2017, Irembo shall deliver Services like Applying for Passport or renewal, Notary services, Birth certificates, power of attorney, Criminal record Clearance certificate and many more to Diaspora. These services are not available today; we shall communicate when these services are available via email to all those that will have registered on Irembo.
Today Rwandans living abroad can access Registration of above 16 years service click here on Irembo without logging in. This service allows you to be registered to the national civil registry, and to request for a national ID. For more information, contact us via email@example.com
Who can apply?
Rwandans living abroad
Scanned passport (When you register using Rwandan passport or any other passport)
Steps to register a Rwandan living abroad
1. Visit Irembo portal
2. Click on signup
3. Under signup choose Rwandan living abroad
4. Use your ID number to register or your passport number (When you use your passport number, you will be required to upload a scanned copy of the passport)
5. Input your embassy of residence and the other details in the form then submit
6. You will receive an email notifications of successful submission
7. Once the Embassy officer receives your application he/she will approve your application and you will be issued with a username and password (Password can be changed on first login)