Accreditation for Foreign Media
This e-service allows foreign media to apply and pay for accreditation in order to exercise their profession of journalism in Rwanda.
Who can apply?
Rwandan journalists, correspondents of foreign media
Terms & Conditions for filming Genocide against the Tutsi in Rwanda memorial sites and related reporting
• Respect the sensitive nature of Genocide Memorials
• Use the terminology “The 1994 Genocide Against the Tutsi in Rwanda” as stated by UN General Assembly Resolution A/72/L.31
• The images/footages cannot be used for any purpose other than the one which it has been authorised for.
• The Images/Footages cannot be used in any format to undermine or deny the genocide against the Tutsi
Supporting documents required
Official letter requesting for accreditation with official letterhead of media organization, signed by authorized personnel with their contact information
Colored passport photos
Copy of the press card issued by a competent authority
Provide a list of equipment (camera, recorder, drone, etc).
Applicant’s journey on Irembo
1. Applicant accesses Irembo
2. Select the service as accreditation for foreign media
3. Applicant inputs personal details
4. Attach necessary documents
5. Proceed to make payment by selecting the mode of payment
6. Make payment using online payments i.e VISA card or Master card and for offline payment once you submit your application, you will receive an SMS confirming your application and directing you to pay. Pay using Mobile Money on MTN (*182#), Airtel (*182#) or Tigo (*310#) or visit a BK branch or an agent close to you. Upon payment you will receive a payment confirmation via SMS and/or email
7. After successful payment your application will be submitted to Media High Council (MHC)) for processing.