Holiday/Family visit visa
This visa shall be issued as follows:
- Holiday: cost is 50 USD for Single entry, for a duration of 30 days
- Holiday: cost is 70 USD for Multiple entry, for a duration of 90 days
- Family Visit: cost is 50 USD for Single entry, for a duration of 30 days
- Family Visit: cost is 70 USD for Multiple entry, for a duration of 90 days
- Visa waiver for diplomatic and service passports - The Government of Rwanda has entered into Visa Waiver Agreement for holders of Diplomatic and Service Passports with Djibouti, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, India, Israel, Morocco and Turkey.
- 30 days visa upon arrival - Citizens of all countries to get visa upon arrival without prior application.
- COMESA Member States to get 90 days visa upon arrival - Citizens of COMESA member states to get 90 days visa on arrival (on payment of the prescribed fee).
- Rwandans living abroad with dual nationality allowed to use national lDs on entry ; waive visa fee to Rwandans travelling on foreign passports in possession of a Rwandan Identity Card for countries that permit dual nationality only.
- Foreign residents to use their Resident cards for entry - returning residents holding valid residence permits with corresponding resident cards will be allowed to use them on entry including using electronic gates at Kigali International Airport.
Everyone should apply in his own right.
The travel document should be valid for six months from the day of entry
Single or Multiple Entries
Is Work authorized?
Work is not authorized
Change of visa type
A person who holds an entry visa and wants to change his purpose of visit shall be authorized to do so at any office of the Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration, other than land borders and airport, after satisfying the necessary conditions.
An Entry Visa shall be extended only at any office of the Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration other than land borders and airport.
To avoid penalties, the applicant should apply/renew visa in time before expiration of current visa. Penalty fee is FRW 20,000 for a delay of 6 to 15 days. Article 34 of the Ministerial Order establishing procedures and regulations categorizes other penalties from 16 days to 9 months and above.